April 19, 2012

Most Common Causes of Infertility

Our high school health teachers beat it into our head how easy it is to conceive a child. In fact, the average healthy couple only has a 20% chance of conceiving each menstrual cycle.

Couples dealing with infertility need to educate themselves if they want to beat the incredible odds stacked against them. You are considered infertile if you fail to conceive after a year of trying. Most doctors won't even see you until a year has passed.

There are many reasons that a couple fails to reproduce a child. A physical exam by a medical professional may find that there is something inside you that is failing to allow reproduction to occur.

Female Factor Infertility
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), an endocrine disorder where your body produces too much of the androgen hormones. This disrupts ovulation making conception impossible. PCOS is also associated with obesity due to insulin resistance. Other symptoms include excessive hair growth, irregular periods, and acne.

Endometriosis, when uterine tissue implants and grows outside of the uterus affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. Endometriosis responds to the hormonal cycle to grow, shed and bleed with the lining of the uterus each month, leading to scarring and inflammation. Pelvic pain and infertility are common side effects.

Tubal Blockages affect the ability of the egg to reach the uterus for conception to take place. Tubal blockages are caused by fibroids, STDs, and even a previous ectopic pregnancy.

Thyroid conditions interrupt your cycle affecting your ability to conceive.

Certain lifestyle factors interfering with your fertility including excessive caffeine intake and certain medications. There are also certain diseases that can make you infertile.

Male Factor Infertility
Abnormal sperm production occurs when the male's sperm aren't properly shaped and are unable to move toward the egg. If the shape and structure of the sperm are abnormal with impaired movement, conception will not be able to occur.

Low Sperm Count is when you produce 10 million or fewer sperm per millimeter of semen. The average healthy male will produce greater than or equal to 20 million sperm per millimeter. The causes of low sperm count include genetics, childhood disorders and lifestyle factors.

Varicoceles are varicose veins in the scrotum that prevents cooling of the testicle, which can lead to lower sperm count and motility.

There are certain lifestyle factors that can interfere with the male's ability to conceive such as emotional stress, obesity, malnutrition, alcohol/drugs, and tobacco use.

The process of conception is surprisingly inefficient. The slightest wrench in your body can through the entire process out of whack. Your body is a highly tuned machine of complex, interacting hormones. If just one stops functioning correctly, you are on your way to see a reproductive endocrinologist.

Related articles:

Glossary of Common Fertility Terms and Abbreviations

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete